
It didn't actually fall from the sky... It came off a truck. The Phoenix Zoo had it brought in for a "Winter in July" day. They had 25 tons of snow brought in. The zoo opened at 8 am and we planed on getting there early so it wouldn't be too hot. We actually got there at 10 am (and it was 113 outside) They had the snow in 3 separate HUGE piles. I know we are crazy to be out in the really hot sun, but it isn't EVERY DAY that there is snow in Phoenix.
I took Jovin to one of the piles and put him on his hands and knees... he didn't like that very much so we touched the snow and I grabbed a handful of the snow and put it on his stroller. In about a minute it was a big puddle on his stroller tray. We then went and walked around some more at the zoo but it was too hot. So we left. (That's the nice thing about having a membership to the zoo. You don't feel obligated to stay a couple of hours and get your moneys worth when you have a membership to come back for free for a year.)
We then decided it was time to venture out and see the IKEA store we have here. We have never been to one or even knew really what they sold there. My friend Holly loves this store and can't wait for the one in Utah to be built and open in 2008. We went and it is a really cool store. Really BIG too.Anywho, that was pretty much our fun day yesterday. It was so hot (119 degrees) and we sweated so much that we had to take two showers. I know TMI...




3 comments:
That is so creative and fun for the Zoo to bring in Snow I bet you had a great time! I sure am glad that it isn't that hot here in Utah that is killer!
*gasp* You didn't tell me there was an IKEA by you. Excuse me while I go pack my bags. . .
oh, Angela, OUR Ikea opens in March of 2007----don't think we aren't already planning on beingone of the first in line. Its' like the mothership has landed...It was good to see you & Jovin while you were visiting Utah--he's growing up so fast!
Post a Comment