Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Day Full of Firsts

Well yesterday was a pretty exciting day for us Killpack's... (mainly for Jovin really).
Jovin took his first steps, he said his first word, and he signed "milk" and actually wanted to drink milk. You know we really don't want to be the bragging proud parents... But we really are right now. :^) It is just so cool to see your child actually get it. Jovin is breaking all sorts of barriers. Language, mobility, communication. It so fun to experience.
Jovin has been pretty brave lately he will stand at the couch or by the wall and let go and just stand all by himself. But he wouldn't take any steps. Well Cory and I were working with him last night and he took 3 whole steps by himself walking to Cory. He is still doing pretty well. Obviously he isn't walking all over the apartment yet, but he can get a few steps here and there. The funny part is he closes his eyes when his goes to take his first step alone and he will usually fall.
Then we were in Jovin's bedroom playing with his toys when he knocked one over and he said "uh-oh". It was really cute! Then we were doing the walking thing again and she just looked at me and signed "milk". Well actually he kept signing it, and the dense mother I am I thought that he was waving... ha ha ha... No he really wanted a drink of milk.

Another first that we did as a family was eat at a restaurant called Whataburger. Yeah, it wasn't so good. But, everything else for the day was pretty good and exciting. Okay, so I think we are done bragging and being "proud parents".

3 comments:

MOAB said...

Cute, cute boy!

mikbeth said...

You have every right to brag! He is getting so big and I love that hair!

The Olson Family said...

Yay, Jovin! :)