Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day of School


Today is Jovin's first day of school. Oh the excitement and sadness that happened this morning.

We all got up and got ready for the day. I was highly surprised that I got everyone fed, and dressed and ready to go out the door at 8am. Not something I thought I could do. Ever. It's good to know that I can... or at least did one time. :)
We drove to Jovin's school and had to park what felt like a mile away to walk him to his classroom. Jovin had his backpack on and was so excited that he practically skipped to school. Once we got to his classroom he said good morning to his teacher and she told us to pin on his going home badge. What that is a badge in the shape of a car, with his name on it and it. This way the teachers know that he is going to be picked up at the end of the day by a car, and not be buses, or go to the after school program. He was excited to be wearing his name on him. The teacher then told us that school would start and the bell would ring in about 10 minutes so we could wait outside with the rest of the students.


Jovin went and put his backpack on the ground in line with the other backpacks and wanted to go and play with his new friends. Now I planned on staying until he walked into his classroom with the class. But, I knew that if Mayer, and Pierce saw him go and play on the playground they would want to too, and families were told to not stay and linger after school had started. So dragging two kids off a playground screaming when school was in session was not appealing. So I tried to just talk to Jovin until school started. He was very persistent to want to go and play with his new friends. So I said okay, and I asked him if I could get a hug and kiss first. He said sure and gave me a tight hug and little kiss. He then looked at me and got a little teary eyed. I just about broke down and started bawling right there. It was all I could do to NOT cry. As he blinked back the tears he smiled and asked me if I would leave. I was surprised and a little hurt by his sudden request. Since I knew I was close to losing it, it was time for me to leave my little man at school.
I told him to have a fun day and I'd be there to pick him up at the end of school. He waved to me and ran to the playground without even looking back at me and his brothers.


Well Mayer and Pierce were not too happy about leaving the school. Pierce was crying and kept looking back towards the school and saying, "Jovin, Jovin" and then looking at me like I'd done some horrible thing by leaving him behind. Then Mayer was crying and saying, "I miss Jovin!". Tjay was in the stroller kicking his fat, chubby feet and chewing on his toys. He couldn't have cared what was going on. So there we were 3 of the 4 of us walking the mile back to the van crying.
I can't believe that Jovin is in Kindergarten already. He's gone all day now too. The schools here have all day Kindergarten. So I keep looking at the clock just itching to go and pick him up and hear all about his first day at school. :)

6 comments:

Jodi and Jason said...

how was his first day? did he love it? was it any easier today?

Susan said...

He's just so darn cute with his glasses and wavy hair... :) Emma starts Kinder on Monday. eek! I hope Jovin's first day went well!

Angela Killpack said...

He had a great first day. He LOVES school, and can't wait to go the next day.
It's hard on me cause Jovin is my little helper... Mayer and Pierce are in the stages of life where they don't want to listen to me and do what I ask. Sigh. I miss Jovin. :)

Melissa Fisher said...

Your boys are so cute and growing so fast. Benji starts Kindergarten in a couple weeks too. CRAZY! Time flies. And you still have 3 at home. Hands full I'd say. I am impressed by you and think you are amazing. Mayer looks so much like Cory!

MOAB said...

Fun times! Give him a squeeze for me!

Adkins Family said...

All your new pictures of the boys are SOOO cute! They are getting so big! I hope Jovin is having lots of fun in kindergarten.