So last night we were having frozen pizza and garlic bread for dinner. A meal that we have at least once a week. Jovin is a very picky eater. It drives me crazy! So this time just like other nights Jovin picked at his food, not eating a bite, and was ready to skip dinner again until Cory brought the warm garlic bread over. Jovin got all excited and was reaching across the table to snag a slice of garlic bread, while yelling, “Garick Bread!”, over and over.
Now Jovin knows the word “please”. He knows how and when to use it. Believe me I know he knows how to use it properly. But, I usually tell him as a reminder “How do you ask nicely?” and that will usually prompt him to say “please” or in Jovin’s slur it sounds like “cheese” or “pees”. Well this time it was not working. He then proceeded to say “I NEED THAT!!” Jovin has NEVER said the word need or want. So we were taken aback just a little and laughed at his demand.
So Cory tried, “Say the magic word…”,so Jovin looked at Cory and said “magic word” and held his hand out for a slice of garlic bread. Cory then jokingly replied “Okay smart butt, how do you ask for something nicely?” I then proceeded, while laughing, to help Jovin more by actually saying the word “please” out loud. Which in turn got the correct answer from Jovin and he then got his much desired slice of warm garlic bread. Although, after that when Jovin would hold out his hand reaching for another slice of garlic bread either Cory or I would say “what do you say?” and Jovin would reply with “I NEED THAT!” or “magic word”.
He’s still learning and so are we…
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
He's so smart! (Jovin, not Cory)! Growing up!
Post a Comment