Friday, November 24, 2006

Savor the Moment - Day 3

Well here is the last day that we were at Disneyland. We were all up early and ready to hit the park and get as many rides and do as much as we could before everyone had to head for the airport or for us start our 5 1/2 hour drive home.
First here is a picture of the whole family in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I wanted this picture at the top of the post cause it is so cute...Well we didn't know that the "early entry" days were Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Since our last day was Wednesday we got into the park early but only as far as the shops. They had it roped off so you couldn't get to any of the rides... Hence the huge mob we were standing in for 20 minutes until it was 10am. Jovin didn't want to wait... He wanted in right away as you can see.



Oh here is one of the only pictures of Cory and I together in the same photo...



As soon as it was 10am wonderful music plays and they FINALLY let you into the rest of the park. We did Small World and other fun rides in Fantasyland. We didn't count on it being hot so I had put Jovin in a long sleeve shirt and well it was about in the 80's. Since everything was packed already and in the car we had to buy him a shirt. We got him a Pirates of the Caribbean shirt that he will be able to grow into for the next couple of years... :^) On our way to find him a shirt we came across Woody and Jesse from Toy Story 2... Jovin was SO excited that he couldn't decide on which one to look at.We caught up with the whole family and had lunch at the Orleans Cafe. I highly recommend the Monte' Cristo Sandwich!! (I'm pretty sure that is what it was called.) We then headed over to Tomorrowland and the adults did Space Mountain or Star Tours. Cory took Jovin on Astro Orbitor which he LOVED!Jovin FINALLY took a nap in the stroller and Cory, and I got to do Splash Mountain again with Tyler, Jenny, Tasha, and Orson. In the picture you only see Orson, Tasha and Me... Cory is behind me, then Jenny, then Tyler. Mom, Tash, Chad, Angie, Kip Kristin and their kids had to bolt off to the airport to make their flight. We had bought Jovin Mickey ears and we then bought some Santa Mickey ears for us and had our picture taken in front of the huge Christmas Tree they had up near the front of the park. We then went to Downtown Disney and did some souvenir shopping and got some dinner and headed on our long trip home. It was a lot of fun to 1) go to Disneyland FINALLY, but 2) to share that experience with the Killpack family. Those are memories that we can all share together forever.

Oh, and if you ask Cory, I am already bugging him TO GO BACK TO DISNEYLAND! :^)

2 comments:

The Olson Family said...

Ahhhh, looks like you guys had a wonderful time. What a cute family! :)

momila said...

What a fun time!! I can't believe you got to ride Splash Mountain whilst preggers, tho--I guess it really isn't a no-no ride since tall there really is to it is that last fall---you'll have to go back a lot, after all, Jovin won't have remembered it at all!
We waitied to do the whole Disnelyand thing until ALL our kids would have the memories of it---and boy, do they! It really is a magical place (but both Brent & I still much prefer hiking where we see absolutely not one other person!) But I'm sure with grandkids we'll be doing Disneyland again...and again....and again....